Derek was discharged from the hospital right on schedule, so we're back home again tonight. Before leaving, he had his second radiation treatment. Between the medications and the treatments, D is pretty sleepy much of the time. Now, if only all that sleepiness could be bottled up to use overnight...
Tomorrow, Wed. and Thursday, he'll go back for daily treatments. A rented hospital bed was delivered this afternoon that we have set up downstairs for him in a more convenient and accessible location than his upstairs bedroom. Hopefully that will be comfortable, we'll see how it works out. Monday Night Football is keeping Derek and Dad entertained tonight. I am hoping to start catching up on sleep, too, after four nights in a hospital sleeper-chair. So, goodnight to all and to all a good night.

7 comments:
"There's no place like home!" Hoping all of you can sleep well. --
I cannot wait for the big game next Sunday! Jamie and I will be wearing purple. Maybe we should send Derek and Keith some purple as well! Go Vikes! Thinking of and praying for you all!
Derek, Donna and Keith, and family,
Our love, thoughts, and prayers continue with you for good rest for Derek, and for you all, as well...
Love you, and may God bless you this week!
Cynthia
Glad to see you all home. Please let us know if you need anything.
I'm sorry I missed this yesterday.. But am so happy to have you guys back home. This heat is awful. Love to all and the prayers are never ending. I'm waiting for these twins to get here so if you don't hear anything from me you know where I am. I will take my laptop so I will keep up I promise. May you all can get some rest and you've got to be happy to be in your own bed. woohooo,
sleepy twinnie
bob and i are holding you all in our hearts bob; especially can relate all to well to some of what you are experiencing.
much love and prayers sent to you all
and to derek and big boy GO 49ers
pam and bob (from that up with the people thingy)
Derek you are such a brave young man. You know how much I love you. Cliff was always so impressed and appreciative of you the way you helped him walk etc when we were there. You are so loving and caring. I hold you in my heart and pray for you daily. GGrandma
Donna thank you so much for keeping us abreast of what is happening, and also for being so strong. I love you and thank God for you daily. I pray for your care daily also.
Keith I wanted to take you in my arms yesterday and take away your hurt. I know how you must feel. Be strong my sweet son and know that God is Able. He will carry you all. I love you
Post a Comment