Thursday, December 10, 2009

A Change of Scenery

Walking through the mall last week, the usual festive decorations were in place, including the roped-off area with a Santa chair awaiting the line of children who would sit on Santa's lap for a chat and a picture. I flashed back to a Christmas many years ago, when Jamie and Derek took their turns visiting with Santa at Keith's B of A office party, shyly answering his questions, and accepting a small gift and a candy cane that he had for each of the children. Little did they know that behind the white beard was their own dad!

Years later, the pictures gave it away.

My next blog post will be coming to you from Duluth, Minnesota, where I will be anxiously awaiting the any-day-now arrival of our first grandchild! Keith will be traveling out to join us a little later, too. Pictures from Jamie and weather reports assure a Winter Wonderland will greet us there. For a preview of Christmastime at the Stavenger home, check out Jamie's blog (link on right). We are looking forward to the change of scenery, and all of the adventures and blessings this Christmas season will bring. I'll be sharing them here, so be sure to check in!

3 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

My, Santa, what hairy arms you have! :)

Marcia Stavenger said...

The better to keep him warm at the North Pole AND MINNESOTA!

Love,
Marcia

Denise said...

Donna, I'm so happy that you are able to be with Jamie & Chris at this special & exciting time of your grandchild's birth!
Thank you for continuing to share your heart, your joys & sorrows and most especially your faith. I love the t-shirt quilt! It is beautiful and a tangible memory. I was pleased to see it in person - Thanks to Keith for bringing to work to share with us! You're in my thoughts & prayers each day.
Stay warm! Love & Prayers, Denise