Monday, December 14, 2009

Due Date!



My Saturday flight arrived right on schedule. A snow-covered Minnesota was quite a sight from the air! I was relieved that I arrived in time to be on hand for a very special birthday. Today is the official "due date" for our FIRST grandchild. (Yes, I am expecting more.) Everyone is ready to welcome the little Stavenger girl, but so far she has not indicated her intention to appear. So, we are all waiting with much anticipation for Jamie's announcement that the time has arrived!

A fresh blanket of snow fell overnight, and it is quite a beautiful sight from inside the warm, cozy house! Here are a few pictures. I did venture outside BRIEFLY just to snap a couple of them. Needless to say, we are all hoping that the nursery will soon have its little occupant, and activity will pick up with Duluth's newest resident. I will keep you posted.



The berry tree outside the bedroom window this morning



Luna watching the squirrels and the neighbor kids sledding


Christmas decorations


Mommy and Daddy SOON-to-be!

4 comments:

MomP said...

What a beautiful winter wonderland - from the cozy and warm inside looking out. When the phone rang this evening, I asked are you Carol or Donna? - It was Carol, but I'll take a call from Donna anytime!

Marcia Stavenger said...

See you tomorrow!

Marcia

Marilyn said...

Donna, Wonderful photos - have been watching Duluth weather on Weather Channel - yesterday of -17 wind chill??? Good thing you are all snug and warm. Jamie and Chris, Jim and I wish you a great birth experience and wonderful baby girl.

Mom/GMa/GGMa? P said...

Parenting lesson #1: Sometimes it is frustrating when our "should-be-perfect" children are a bit stubborn. -- Obviously this little girl is very happy and comfortable - but her move into this new world really must be soon. Hang in there folks!