Yes, we are counting the days until the much-anticipated arrival of our first grandchild! Jamie and Chris report all systems are "go," now within the 2-week window of the Dec. 14th ETA. I am counting the days until I get to fly out to Minnesota to help out with the new baby and spend the holidays with the Stavenger families. If Baby Girl Stav (name to be announced upon entry to the world) waits for me, I hope to be there in time for the Big Event itself. Grandpa Keith will join us out there a few days later, and then we will both count the days until our first White Christmas! In fact, Jamie reports some of that seasonal white has already begun appearing, to set the stage. Keith reports that he will be staying indoors, thank you. We are already "cold" here with temps dipping below 60. Wimps, I know. However, I suspect that, surrounded by the love of God and each other, a sweet baby girl, and the sweet spirit of Uncle Derek, we will be nice and warm.

Snow on the Stavenger porch 2008

5 comments:
We are excited to show you a white Christmas. We got our first snow that seems to be staying around so I know we'll have some for you. I agree totally with your last sentence --- there will be lots to keep our hearts warm this year!
Love,
Marcia
From Rosa; I sure am looking forward to hearing about and seeing pics of the addition to the family. You'll develop a love of snow, Keith, even if it is from the warmer side. Think of all those sled rides you will be on, and snowmen you will build in your near future. :)
I have such praises that you are going to be able to be with Jamie et all at Christmas. At the same time I am already feeling so lonely for you all. Cam't understand how I feel. K know you will all have a wonderful time and we will be thinking of you.
Oh, what a blessed Christmas holiday your family will have . . . with the addition of a beautiful baby girl and your precious memories of Derek . . . we know he is looking down from Heaven with that great big smile because he, no doubt, already knows his tiny little niece, and has given her an extra-special message of love to carry in her heart for the Petersen and Stavenger families.
Merry White Christmas!
That comment made me smile, Barb. Thank you!
Post a Comment