The idea of making a quilt from some of Derek's t-shirts came up while talking with Jamie about our stockpile of shirts with special significance - Little League, High School, his cruise travels, U2, and other favorites of his - that wouldn't mean much to anyone else. I sent some of them in, and a beautiful quilt was made. It will be a nice memento for us, with the happy memories of him wearing those shirts. I thought you'd like to see it, too. :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

14 comments:
That is beautiful! What an awesome keepsake!
that is a beautiful quilt.. i think id cry if i actually saw it.. I remember him wearing some of those t-shirts and i wear some of the t-shirts i have of his... i miss him..
What a beautiful quilt! We know it will bring comfort and peace to you all for many years to come.
This is absolutely beautiful! I have often thought of doing the same with all of my sons baby clothes. A nice keep sake of such a precious time in our lives.
God bless you and your family. Thank you for continuing your blog. I love to see it pop up in my google reader and look forward to your wonderful lessons on faith and hope, and of course your wonderful poems.
Enjoy that grandbaby!
Wow! That turned out great! One of a kind, just like him! :)
Donna, this is a beatiful quilt. It's a good keep sake. I have no idea that we can turn old shirts into a Beatiful quilt. You're such a good mother. You're an insperation to me. I love reading your blog. God bless you and your family. And have a Wonderful Christmas and a prosperous New Year.
Now that is a real work of art! Maybe a wall hanging - someplace. It was created to be appreciated and bring joyful memories. Thank you for sharing.
What a wonderful treasure and keepsake. Thank you for sharing your keepsake with all of us. I look forward to seeing it first hand.
What a wonderful idea! I wish I had kept more of my sons' "items of the past" as you did. We get in a hurry to clean out closets and drawers and make room when they are growing up, never knowing when those same items might be treasured in the future. Glad your Thanksgiving was spent with friends and in a beautiful location.
Donna, "Anonymous" was me by the way... I enjoyed Jamie's blog, especially the picture of the baby bump (or mountain) now. How very exciting for all of you.
OMG THAT IS BEAUTIFUL
I hope you hang it somewhere in the house where we can all see it when we come to visit
That is so beaautiful
WOW!I did see the quilt and the memories captured did make me tear up! Thank you Donna and Keith for sharing with all of us. Reading this blog brings joy and tears but above that your love for family and friends and our Lord spills over with each entry. Through your grief and healing process, you continue to bless and encourage us. Thank you! Merry Christmas!
Glenda
Valerie: What a perfect way to keep warming your hearts and your limbs! I want to see you snuggled soon.
Post a Comment