
For a nice break in the "storm," the weekend brought more sunshine than I thought was possible. Jamie's sisters-in-law threw a baby shower for her at Chris's parents' home in Moorhead, MN on Saturday morning, and I thought about making an unannounced visit. With encouragement from Keith and an e-mail nudge from Patty, a friend of Chris's mom's, a covert plan was hatched to fly out "on the sly." On Friday evening, Patty and I arrived in Moorhead to surprise the Stavenger ladies, and later that night a weary Jamie arrived after the long drive from Duluth. Her jaw hit the floor when I came around the corner to greet her. "Operation Surprise" was a success! From then on it was a wonderful and enjoyable time, as Minnesota rolled out the welcome mat for me with the most beautiful sunny weather, along with the Stavenger family's gracious hospitality and hugs.
After enjoying the baby shower and time with the family in Moorhead, I accompanied Jamie back to Duluth to spend a couple of days with her and Chris. Here, we have been soaking up more unseasonable sunshine and just enjoying being with each other. It's the best therapy!
I'll return home Wednesday night. The time always goes too fast with long-distance kids. But, nearly a month from now, Keith and I will both be returning to Duluth for the world premiere of our first grandchild! We'll be contending with snow then, but the new love in our lives will surely keep us warm. Uncle Dizzle will be along for that trip, too - as always, in our hearts.
After enjoying the baby shower and time with the family in Moorhead, I accompanied Jamie back to Duluth to spend a couple of days with her and Chris. Here, we have been soaking up more unseasonable sunshine and just enjoying being with each other. It's the best therapy!
I'll return home Wednesday night. The time always goes too fast with long-distance kids. But, nearly a month from now, Keith and I will both be returning to Duluth for the world premiere of our first grandchild! We'll be contending with snow then, but the new love in our lives will surely keep us warm. Uncle Dizzle will be along for that trip, too - as always, in our hearts.
Jamie and Chris are putting finishing touches on the nursery.
A cherished picture

1 comment:
Wonderfully uplifting report! Jamie must have been ecstatic, and the extra days together in Duluth made sunshine for the soul.
Post a Comment