Friday, May 22, 2009

Getting Started 5/22/09

WELCOME to DEEZ CENTRAL!

After considering some of your thoughtful suggestions, I have set up this blog as a central information resource for followup on Derek's cancer treatment. Many people have been asking to please keep them posted, so I had to agree that this may be the easiest way to provide updates for those who would like to check in and monitor his status. I will post updates as time and PC access allows to keep everyone "in the loop." Feel free to share this with anyone who might like to know about Derek's condition and how he - and we - are doing as we forge ahead into the world of the 'Big C.' And, I am learning this blog thing as I go along, so bear with me!

CURRENT STATUS: Waiting for a bed at UCSF Medical Center. Expecting to be admitted on Friday or Saturday. Ready to get started!

As soon as a bed becomes available, Derek will be admitted to a semi-private room for a six-day stay and the first round of chemotherapy. Today 5/22 at noon he is scheduled to have a "chest port" surgically implanted, through which the chemotherapy will be administered. If a bed is not available on Friday, we'll all come back home and check again the next day.

Meantime, we want to thank everyone for your prayers, words of encouragement, and support for Derek and our family as we very recently learned of this health crisis. We trust God to be beside us every step along the way, giving us and everyone involved the strength, courage, and guidance that we'll need.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10


5 comments:

Unknown said...

A great big "Thank you" from Blue Mtn Ranch and me (Mom/Grandma)for the efficient blog to keep us all informed. Sue and I are returning to AZ today. Derek and all of you are - and will be - in our thoughts and prayers. I am so very thankful that Derek has the very best support, both medically and spiritually. You have our love, concern and prayers. Mom/Grandma Pullen

Unknown said...

The Palo Alto Baers are praying for you also!
-Dan

Jamie Stavenger said...

Welcome to the blogging world! Though, I wish the circumstances for your kick-start were different, I'm glad we have another way to support and encourage you! Stay strong! :) xoxoxoxo!!!!

Kevin said...

I just read Jamie's Blog about the situation. I will be praying for you all!

Terre Moss said...

The prayers are all over California. I have made my way to San Luis Obispo and this seems to travel with me. I want Panda too now! hahaha I've had that Panda there far too many times but hey what cha got you got. I will send this to Michael T so he can check in too. God Bless you all!!