The last couple days have been very stormy here in CA with howling winds and drenching rain. Early this morning I felt drawn to Derek's room. I decided to turn on his stereo, loaded with 20 of his random CD's. Sitting on his bed, I listened as the shuffle selector spun and the first song began. "Let my lifesong sing to you..." was the repeating phrase. I thought, what a perfect message of encouragement from Derek. Then came the next song, video below. Coincidence? Not a chance. Hugging a pile of folded shirts, I let the tears flow. It was a good start to the day.
(Songs by "Casting Crowns" )

3 comments:
Good job, Donna. As the lyrics state, you (your family) never left Derek's side, supporting him through every joy and trauma, holding every tear in your hands throughout his short life. Now you are feeling his love and eternal gratitude. The job was well done, indeed!
Well, we did what we could, but only with God holding our tears and giving us the strength. The song/prayer is a good reminder of that. Derek's lifesong will forever sing in our hearts.
Donna:
My tears flowed as well but in a conforting way...A very lovely message from above!
Carol
Post a Comment