Friday, January 8, 2010

"Auld Lang Syne"

I know, I know, I'm a week late, but here's wishing you a Happy New Year, finally!

This traditional song, which translates to "Old Long Since" or "Days of Long Ago", begins by posing the question whether it is right that old times be forgotten - generally interpreted as a call to remember long-standing friendships. With the turning of the calendar, it is fitting to reflect upon the past year and to remember friends. What would we do without them? As I think about friends and family, near and far, and how you all helped to carry us through a devastating year, I am more thankful than words are sufficient to express.

Let's toast the New Year with a round of thanks for the many blessings that friendships bring. On to 2010, may it be a good year for us all.

For auld lang syne, my dear,
For auld lang syne,
We'll take a cup of kindness yet
For auld lang syne.

1 comment:

Barb and Ray said...

We wish the Petersen/Stavenger family the very best of Happy New Year wishes . . . and know that the One and Only Most High God will shower you with His blessings of strength, comfort, healing and love in 2010.