Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Getaway Weekend

Keith and I took advantage of the long weekend for a getaway. Our third time away from home since 9/30/09 confirmed a couple of things - 1) it is possible to enjoy an occasional escape from routine, and, 2) there is no escape from heartache and tears, only different scenery. I find that the uphill path in The Valley at times requires a deliberate effort to put one foot in front of the other. Nearly four months later, we miss Derek more and more, not less. I know we'll learn to manage the grief better as time goes on, but for now it can be a daily challenge.

Breaking through sorrow are our happy memories, encouraging words from family and friends, and frequent chats with Jamie bringing baby updates and the anticipation of future visits. Kendall is growing and changing daily, and so we are thankful for webcams, videos, and cell phone pics - the blessings of modern technology! God is graciously providing joy and comfort to our entire family with this sweet, new little life. Check out Jamie's blog for a couple of cute videos!

Our getaway accommodations in Las Vegas


Winter therapy! We made use of the jacuzzi tubs


The view from our room, where we enjoyed football
games on TV, books, some meals, and lots of R & R

Flowers to brighten the day, love for D every step of the way.

1 comment:

Ted said...

I'm glad you had a good time, and are doing a great job at hanging in there. Rosa