Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Change of Seasons


It has been sort of "slow news" days/weeks/months for blogging, and if I don't post again for awhile, it's because other things are going to be topping my to-do list for a couple of weeks. Thankfully, they are my favorite things, with my favorite people!  As you may know, Jamie and Chris have been settling in to their new home in Fargo - or as it's known around here, Far-to-go.  Long stretches of time apart have been extra challenging lately, and I find that I'm not very adept yet in averting the tidal waves that sometimes hit.  On a visit last month, my sister encouraged me with this mantra of affirmation:
  1. I can do this.
  2. I am doing the best I can.
  3. It is going to get better.
Yes!!!  And now, to believe it. 
One thing I do know from experience - it IS going to get better... at least for the time I get to spend with Jamie, get my "inner grandma" back into gear with Kendall, and meet a grandson who is soon to make his way into the world and into our hearts!  With those blessings front and center, it is sure to be a very special Thanksgiving.  Even as we think of Uncle Derek missing from the table, and from every family gathering, he is always with us in spirit and in the memories that we can share. 

With this upcoming reunion, a seasonal change is about to hit us.  A weather check shows that our current lows are higher than the highs expected at our destination - that is, their highs will be lower than our lows!  I also noted at least one single-digit in the forecast.  Yikes.  It seems we'll be making the change from fall to winter in one flight!  I guess I'd better throw in a sweater or two.

Mid-November in the NorCal foothills
I'll be returning to California's autumn after the winter preview.  And then, there will be something more interesting to write about, and lots of new pictures!  Meantime, you will find some great pictures and updates on Jamie's blog, so be sure to check there, too.

The Petersens wish a Thanksgiving filled with blessings for you, too!

1 comment:

Mom P said...

Sisters are special friends, as I have also discovered, and the "mantra' she shared would be appropriate for many situations. - Nice Fall picture. - This Holiday will be special with many levels of Thanksgiving. Along with Jamie and you, we can hardly wait!