Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Aha, I Knew It!

Validation!  A Los Angeles Times article in today's paper released me from any remnant of guilt about my multiple-cup coffee routine of late. 

"A new study finds that well-caffeinated women have a key health advantage over their more abstemious sisters:  they're less likely to become depressed."  Plus, "... their mental health may see sustained improvement as the physical stresses of aging accumulate."   Hmmm, I like that word, improvement.

The conclusion with this group:  IF coffee drinking helps keep you more active and more happy, in the long run it may result in better brain health. 

In another article earlier this year:
"Numerous studies in recent years have reported that drinking coffee may be good for the cardiovascular system and might even help prevent strokes. Just last month, Swedish researchers announced results of a large study showing that coffee seemed to reduce the risk of stroke in women by up to 25%."

Well, I will take all the help I can get for all of the above! 
And now, where is my coffee cup? 

It's time for either a reheat or a refill. 


4 comments:

Mom P said...

Coffee's good!

Donna said...

Yes, Mom, now I know the secret to your good health! ;)

Evelyn said...

I'm looking forward to sharing coffee with you soon!
Thanks for the reassurance - I have no intention of giving up the habit. (How would I keep my job??)

If drinking coffee helps us move more, of course it helps our cardiovascular health! "Keep moving!" (as George used to urge me, during those "deer in the headlights" moments)

Valerie Turner said...

My guilty pleasure no longer has to have the guilty adjective! Thanks for the absolution, Donna!