Summers never look the same
Years go by and time just seems to fly
But the memories remain.
In the middle of September
We still played out in the rain
Nothing to lose but everything to gain
Reflecting now on how things could have been
It was worth it in the end.
When this song was released by Chris Daughtry in the summer of 2009, Derek - a big fan of Daughtry, and always attentive to lyrics - quickly proclaimed it "Michelle's Song." It's reference to the middle of September and her Sept. 10th birthday were close enough to claim it. The song reflects on summers past, how simple times with friends made worthwhile and lasting memories.
So, here's your song, Michelle - a Birthday Serenade just for you! You know Derek will be humming along and wishing a wonderful day for you, along with the rest of us.
Aug. 5, 2009

Aug. 5, 2010

2 comments:
Thank you Donna, that is one of my favorite songs and everytime I hear it I think of Derek. I remember the first time I herd that song I was with him.
Beautiful - thank you for sharing this!
Michelle, I wish for you many more Happy Birthdays with wonderful memories.
Post a Comment