
Things have been pretty much routine for us lately. Ho hum, blogger blahs. So, Keith and I took advantage of a local festival to escape the hum drum and take in a concert by a renowned Beatles tribute group, "The Fab Four." Lovely weather set the stage for an enjoyable evening out in our neighboring town of Lodi, a Napa-rivaling wine region, for its annual Grape Festival.
Keith headed straight to the reptile exhibit, we watched a variety of entertainment, perused the creative grape murals and art displays, and met up with friends for the concerts. With impressive musical and visual accuracy, the Fab Four took us back to, and through, the era of Lennon/McCartney songwriting genius. From "She Loves You" to "Hey Jude," we (mostly I) sang along and remembered the good old days. It seems there is a Beatles song for every occasion.
"Here comes the sun.... here comes the sun,
And I say, It's all right."
Who doesn't need those words of encouragement, now and then?Celebrating GRAPES!
.jpg)
Grade school ASL class's natural foods mural
.jpg)
Paul, George, Ringo and John.... and Ed Sullivan!

Beatle fans unite
.jpg)
Who knew: Pinot Noir and cotton candy - a perfect pairing! ;)

5 comments:
Great picture of you and dad! Also, a great picture of the lady behind you stuffing her face.
Ha ha - and me, just about to stuff MY face with that entire bag of cotton candy (which, if compacted would be the size of a tennis ball, a very sensibly-sized chunk of sugar, don't you think?).
Great pictures! Rosa
I love you guys!! I get so inspired just hearing your words.. I should have stayed home to go to Lodi. Silly me, out wondering around the country! :-) Hope to see you again soon.. T
T, yep, you totally missed out! :) We will get together soon.
Post a Comment