The annual invite from the Ya Ya Sisterhood came, with the usual dinner and movie outing. Jamie and Kendall were arriving the day before... would I want to spend one moment away from them? Running it by Jamie, she said she thought it was a great idea, and in fact, she would love to join us. So, that clinched the deal. I could "go through the motions" of the celebration for their sakes, anyway.

We gathered at the restaurant, and with Jamie and Kendall along I was in good spirits. We ordered, chatted a bit, and a card and gift was presented. A collective gift, they explained. I unwrapped, and unwrapped, and unwrapped a carefully packaged item, until it was the suspicous size of a gift card. Wait a minute-- not a gift card at all, but a folded paper... a flight itinerary?... what?... for who?.... to where?... when?... My mind went into "overwhelmed mode" rendering me speechless as I finally comprehended that a round-trip ticket to Duluth had been purchased for me. WOW.
Jamie, Keith, Chris's mom, Marcia, and my day care families had all been in on the Grand Deception, too. I bow to the team: Mission accomplished. Happiness bestowed to an unsuspecting and unexpecting heart. Duluth, here I come (in a couple of months)! I couldn't have wished for a more meaningful gift, not to mention thoughtful and generous. Thank you, F.R.I.E.N.D.S. (and family), for the caring motives behind your plotting and planning, and, as always, for your faithful prayers.
Here's a little sample of what I am looking forward to.



4 comments:
And no one deserves it more ...
...and it just so works out that it was a gift for me, too :) Can't wait!
So happy to be a part of the celebration . . . if only from a distance!
So proud of and full of love for all of you Petersens. Enjoy today!
Post a Comment