
As 8-year Prius owners, I guess you could say we have been "going green" for quite awhile. Never have we owned a car that has been so reliable and virtually trouble-free. Not to mention our average gas mileage of 45 mpg, consistent through the years. Still quietly chugging along with 170K miles and no recall notices, we have often congratulated ourselves on that timely investment back when nobody had heard of a Prius. It has served us well! So far, it seems there have not been issues with the older models.
A few years ago, we did experience that pesky acceleration issue, but not with our Prius. Our old Chevy Suburban pulled that stunt a few times. It was attributed to a floor mat back then. But, I can attest that it was plenty scary, and that was before we had cell phones to call 911 for help on the road. Knock on wood and God-willing, our Prius will keep on rolling at the proper speeds.
Speaking of green, after a few rounds of rain this sunny day is looking like spring, and it is a welcome sight. Leaves are sprouting and flowers are budding and blooming. On our drive to SoCal Keith noted the sight of almond orchards in full blossom, the ground under the trees dusted with a layer of white. I guess we could call it California snow! The morning sun shining in our front window also revealed something else: Very dirty windows. Spring cleaning time has arrived! :)
A few years ago, we did experience that pesky acceleration issue, but not with our Prius. Our old Chevy Suburban pulled that stunt a few times. It was attributed to a floor mat back then. But, I can attest that it was plenty scary, and that was before we had cell phones to call 911 for help on the road. Knock on wood and God-willing, our Prius will keep on rolling at the proper speeds.
Speaking of green, after a few rounds of rain this sunny day is looking like spring, and it is a welcome sight. Leaves are sprouting and flowers are budding and blooming. On our drive to SoCal Keith noted the sight of almond orchards in full blossom, the ground under the trees dusted with a layer of white. I guess we could call it California snow! The morning sun shining in our front window also revealed something else: Very dirty windows. Spring cleaning time has arrived! :)

1 comment:
I vividly remember Michael Jackson song on the radio as I desperately tried to unstick the suburban accelerator on the freeway. Those were scary moments!!
Post a Comment