I was reading in a booklet about some suggested strategies for coping after loss- activity ideas that can provide outlets to help restore emotional health and balance. As the 6-month mark approaches, I made a mental checklist: Music; artwork; write/compose; exercise; read (for support, or for 'escape'); talk and share; journal; prayer/meditation; support groups.It's just a starter list, but I can say that each of the above got a checkmark from me. To invoke my maiden name, I guess you could say I'm "Pullen out all the stops" to get through this. In fact, you are reading a couple of those coping items right here. So, Thank You for checking in on this "outlet," for helping just by being listening and caring ears, eyes, and hearts. Thanks, also, to those of you who are participating, whether you know it or not, with me in some of those other "strategies." I am so glad to have you on the team. Alongside the coping is the hoping - for the brighter days ahead. Step by step, we are working on getting there.

8 comments:
We're right there with you, Mom. Don't forget it!
We see you in your good days and bad ones, your mighty efforts and your not so mighty ones, but we all are standing right beside you whenever you need us ... even if it's just doing nothing together ... we're here ... more than happy to be the shoulders for you ....
We check your blog and pray with you/for you every day.
Ted and Rosa
Donna, the music piece that was fabulous at the UCD/Sac State concert at the Mondavi Center was "Angels in the Architecture" by Frank Ticheli b. 1958; so it's a fairly modern piece; not sure what year he composed it.
We are definitely on your team!
Love,
Marcia and Jeff
Please always remember that we are also on your team - forever and ever. Amen. Delve into and even endulge in anything that provides comfort - and, yes, even fun. It's time to give yourself daily treats - because you deserve it. We're Pullen for you!
As last night's workshop noted, "effective grief is not done alone." I know you're out there, and it does help. Thank you, team.
Sorry it took me so long to catch up and comment. You are faithfully working at your writing, and coping, and learning to move forward while still looking back. You're so right about Derek being an inspiration for how to savor the life you've been given. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. Val
Post a Comment