It's a month into autumn now, but the chill and rain haven't arrived here quite yet. That's fine with me - the pleasant 75-80 degree days can stay as long as they like. Despite the summery weather, there are signs that the holidays are coming:
- Leaves beginning to turn red and gold;
- Football season halfway along (go, Red and Gold!);
- Christmas merchandise in the stores (more red and gold);
- AND, the annual DELUGE of catalogs!
I know some people are annoyed by the unsolicited mailings, but I don't mind. Those catalogs give me something new to browse, keeping my mostly-homebound self up to speed with the latest gadgets and fashions and gift ideas. Most quickly end up in the recycle bin, but some are spared that instant fate if they happen to be displaying a "Free Shipping" notice on the cover. Why use up precious gasoline (CA prices!!!) driving to the store? Plus, while I find walking a couple of miles around the neighborhood envigorating and refreshing, walking around the mall is somehow stressful and tiring. I am definitely not in the market for "stressful and tiring!"
Catalogs are at least a welcome diversion. The fall foliage will be, too, but it'll probably be another month until the colors are in full bloom around here. Also due in a month is another very special little "diversion!" While we wait, we'll keep hauling catalogs out of the mailbox, and cheering on the 49ers!
![]() |
| It's Fall inside, at least! Outside, not ...quite... yet. |



3 comments:
I love getting catalogs in the mail!! Thanks for reminding me that I need to go online and update my address for most. Any new ones to recommend? The only ones that arrive faithfully here are PB and PBKids. Hmmm...I must be a valued customer :)
I also enjoy getting all the ones that come for Vickie; she had millions!! :) Rosa
Oh I remember that, Rosa. Vickie and I were kindred catalog spirits! Don't worry, Jamie, they will quickly find you. ;)
Post a Comment