Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Ultimate Makeover


Years ago, Jamie and I spent many Friday "girl nights" watching this fun TV show, as the hosts ambushed and then educated each reluctant subject about how to improve his or her fashion sense.  The transformations often surprised and amazed, as each person learned how to accentuate the positives and diminish the negatives through clothing choices.  Their ending testimonies, with few exceptions, declared the joys of improved self-confidence as favorable responses to their makeovers inspired them to continue devoting a little extra energy to dressing and looking their best on a daily basis.  

Self-motivation comes and goes with our moods.  Positive feedback and encouragement from others is the key.  We all need it to inspire us to "be the best that we can be."   All of this came to mind as I read a Bible verse a couple days ago:

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, 
holy and dearly loved, 
clothe yourselves with
COMPASSION
KINDNESS
HUMILITY
GENTLENESS
and PATIENCE.
...and over all these virtues put on LOVE, 
which binds them all together in perfect unity."
Colossians 3:12,14

There it is - the Ultimate Makeover.  Just think what the world would be like if everyone dressed like that!

2 comments:

Jamie Stavenger said...

LIKE!! And, I miss our Friday girls nights!

Evelyn said...

Now that's a wardrobe tip that makes sense to me.
It all goes together beautifully.
I know - you still want me to watch the show, anyway!
Thanks for your inspiration.