World Series champion San Francisco Giants.
It's a phrase never heard before, made possible by a rare mix of veteran rejects and budding stars.
"Don't stop believing..." is the Journey song refrain heard in the Bay Area as the S.F. Giants claimed victory on November 1 as World Series Champions! Today, local fans are celebrating, a ticker-tape parade welcomes the victorious team home, the Orange and Black dominate the City streets.
Finally! With mixed emotions, I'm taking it all in. I see the excitement of Derek's friends, I imagine his Giant smile joining theirs with this long-awaited moment in the team's history, the father-son high-fives and fun. No doubt he would've taken the day off work to be in San Francisco with his Giants Faithful dad and fellow fans, and be a part of the revelry. I smile to think about that, but it also tugs at my heart that his celebrating can only be in my imagination. But then again, perhaps his celebrating is way beyond my imagination.
We're dedicating this Giant victory to The Dizzle.
He never stopped believing! :)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment