Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Playing Favorites

The "October Surprise" has arrived - and I don't mean election shenanigans.  Back in August I told you about this birthday blessing from my F.R.I.E.N.D.S. , and now the time has come to redeem the gift - a week in Duluth, Minnesota with my favorite daughter, my favorite son-in-law, and my favorite grandchild!  It will start out as a solo trip, and later in the week one of my favorite friends, Valerie, will be joining the Stavengers and me for her very first Duluth adventure.  With that cast of Favorites in place, it is sure to be a wonderful time that will go much too fast, and is sure to make some favorite new memories!

Another heartfelt thanks goes out to the cast of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. and those who conspired with them to make this October Surprise possible - especially my favorite husband, who, with superhuman support, is sacrificing this trip to maintain the homefront.  It has to take the cake as my favorite birthday gift since another very special one back on Aug. 5, 1978, when my favorite son came into the world. 

Stay tuned for the Duluth reports, both here and on Jamie's blog, coming soon!




2 comments:

Kami said...

I love those pictures of Kendall!! Man she is a cutie!

Donna said...

I am in Duluth now, and I have to say it is my FAVORITE place to be! I'm busy passing along all the hugs I've been commissioned with, it should take all week! :)