
Last weekend Keith and I pulled out the trailer for a camping trip with a group from church, joining their annual outing to the foothills. Several good rains this spring had produced green hills and the sunny weather was lovely, despite gusty winds on Sunday. The fellowship was very nice - Keith enjoyed a few rounds of pinochle at the clubhouse, where table games were the entertainment du jour.
Thanks to friends Ted and Rosa for scoping out a scheduled ranger-led wildflower hike in the area, I was happy to join them on the trail on Saturday morning. Wildflowers were more sparse than at this time last year, but still there were several to stop and admire along the way. The trail was flanked by poison oak, so we were careful to steer clear of that, while enjoying views of the reservoir and Angels Creek.
It was good to get out in the Great Outdoors, however I am now sneezing and sniffling with allergies kicked up by the wind. My annual hay fever, which somehow eluded me last year (maybe God knew I had enough on my plate), has returned. Yet another reason to keep the Kleenex stocked up!
New Melones Reservoir view from the trail

Pinochle in the clubhouse

Sunday worship service under the oaks




No comments:
Post a Comment